Customer Service Officer
New Vision Homes has a vacancy for a Customer Service Officer. Housing experience not necessary, customer service skills are. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hardworking, dynamic team in housing.
- Being the first point of contact for enquiries by phone & email. Ensure responses are within target timescales. Refer queries to relevant specialist colleague.
- Have an awareness of the role of NVH within Woking Borough Council’s housing department. Have the ability to signpost to the various partners & stakeholders.
- Process Right to Buy applications.
- Empty property management. Liaising with residents, partners & contractors to maximise turnaround performance.
- Maintaining complaint records.
- Deal with mutual exchange applications to ensure policy is followed accurately within appropriate timescales.
- Letting of council garages.
- Assisting the Income Team with rent collection. Taking payments over the phone. Keeping accurate records.
- Processing former tenant rent arrears. Issuing communications on finalising of rent accounts. Keeping records of responses & arrangements to pay.
- Maintain the filing system.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of housing matters is desirable however we will consider candidates with experience in a similar field willing to learn.
- Well developed team working & customer service skills.
- Resilience to working in an ever changing environment & a positive attitude.
- Experience of dealing with the public in sometimes challenging situations.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient IT skills (Word and Excel).
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Basic repairs knowledge is useful.
Salary in the £18 to £22K area according to experience plus bonus. 5 weeks leave. Plenty of opportunity to train & progress.
Please send your cv to email@example.com. For more details or to have an informal chat contact Steve Charles, Contract Manager 0300 373 0373 option 3